As an Amazon affiliate myself, I woud say that making an Amazon niche site is different from other niche sites for a few reasons:
- The commissions tend to be pretty low. However…
- It is one of the most popular and trusted ecommerce platforms in the world, so the conversion rates are high.
- It serves a worldwide population.
- There are so many products to choose from that you will never run out of products to review.
- Most products on Amazon have a list of reviews that you can use as material.
So, here are a few things you need to do to get started…
- Pick a category of products on Amazon that you would enjoy writing about. There is a market for just about any category.
- Start a WordPress site with branding (logo, banners, etc..) based on your chosen niche.
- Invest in a good keyword tool, such as KWFinder.
- Use your keyword tool to find low competition keywords that get at least 50 queries per month.
- Write articles based on those keywords, and put each keyword in the title of your article.
- In the meantime, submit your website URL to the Amazon associates program for acceptance. Once you are accepted, you will be able to link to any product from your site using your own unique affiliate ID.
One caveat: I order to do this full-time (of course, this depends on what country you are in), you will need to create hundreds of articles.
Personally, I create 4 articles per day using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
Also, I recommend that you sign up for the ‘.COM’ program first, since it has the highest traffic and revenue. There are Amazon sites from all over the world that you can apply to next, but just stick with the ‘.COM’ one for now.
You will eventually be able to sign up for ALL of the Amazon affiliate programs from all over the world. Amazon now has a program called OneLink that allows your site to detect he location of your visitor, and will direct the visitor to the correct Amazon site (the one closest to their country).
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask in reply…